Sunday 13 April 2008

The Fitz-Henry/Fitzhenry family makes it onto the register of One-Name Studies


Some weeks ago I applied to the Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS) to register the Fitz-Henry/Fitzhenry names as a one-name study. That application has now been accepted and Fitz-Henry/Fitzhenry is now an official one name study.
For brevity, for the rest of this post I'll refer to the two surnames together as Fitz(-)henry.

What does that mean for any
Fitz(-)henry researchers out there?
Well, firstly let me reassure you that it doesn't mean that only I can research the name now! On the contrary, with the backing and resources that the Guild provides, this now becomes a worldwide collaboration with official backing - I'm just acting as a facilitator. If anyone has
Fitz(-)henry links and wishes to share them, please drop me a line on the comments section below. Click here to find out more about the GOONS.
And yes, the fabled
Fitz(-)henry website (with the gestation of an elephant) is almost ready to roll...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my Comerford Family History blog. I've enjoyed reading your blog too.

    FitzHenry is a very well-known name in Co Wexford, and you may find it useful to take a longer look at their story.

    Patrick (Comerford)

    ReplyDelete